Super Mario War, which gives players the goal of stomping as many enemy Marios as they can, has been ported into the PSP by Percival and PSP 3D last week.
Super Mario War v1.0 was playable on fw1.0, 1.5, and 2.00+ via the eLoader. However, some 1.5 users encountered black or blue screens while playing with this game. Well, good news for all 1.5 users, the game has just been updated to v1.01 and you can now say goodbye to those black and blue screens.
Percival and PSP 3D have also fixed other problems such as maps not loading, goomba showing twice in Goomba mode, and menu music continuously playing even during the game.
The first version also made the text appear in weird positions when exiting or pausing a game during a screen shake; but since the latest release promises to be better, that has been fixed as well. If you've had problems reading the numbers 2 and 3 on v1.0's race mode, they are now legible in v1.01.
There are alot of other improvements and new stuff to expect in this version, like a font replacement for the giant one used in the chicken and tag mode, Mario skin appearing first, being able to set only one human player, and ability to change to a random skin by pressing circle during team select. The authors of the game has also made it possible to save the game in a folder other than /PSP/GAM/smw.
- Fixed programming error causing 1.5 users to get black or blue screens.
- The game can now be saved to a folder other than /PSP/GAME/smw.
- Some maps didn't load at all, now fixed.
- Fixed each goomba showing twice in goomba mode.
- Exiting or pausing the game during a screen shake (e.g. by stomping on another player) made the text appear in weird positions, now fixed.
- Fixed menu music always playing even during a game.
- Replaced giant font used with chicken and tag mode.
- Only 1 human player can now be set.
- Mario skin should now appear first.
- The numbers 2 and 3 in the race mode were hard to read, now legible.
- Press circle during team select to change to a random skin.
- Map selection: hold square and press left/right to jump 10 maps.
- Map selection: press analog left/right to jump to a map name starting with the next letter.
- Preview map button changed from square to L/R.