Here is a new version of PSPVBA the GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP, which is a bit faster (up to 6% on v-rally 3) compared to v1.2.2 !
This guy simply doesn't know how to stop! I've said it before and I'll say it again- zx81 is an emulation machine! And yet again, we've got a new release of the so-popular GBA emulator, PSPVBA.
Now at v1.2.3, this update makes the best GBA emulator, even better. Here's what he had to say: "Who said i give up? I never give up when i got ideas to make things going better. Here is a new version of PSPVBA the GameBoy Advance Emulator for PSP, which is a bit faster (up to 6% on v-rally 3) compared to v1.2.2 !"
- Rewrite critical parts of graphic emulation source code.
- Rewrite critical parts of the ARM emulator to make it going faster.
- Review memory cache strategy.
- Bug fix and code cleaning.
- It works now on 2.5 and 2.6 FW (Zx has tested it using DevHook).
- All the graphics parts habe been rewritten to replace SDL by direct GU access (faster)
- Sound is now played at 22Khz instead of 11Khz (i can play it up to 44Khz, but it's slower ).
- The images are now smooth (using the GU)
- Snapshot files are now in PNG format (instead of BMP).
- Sound improvement.
- Switch off the sound during screenshot save.
- The percent of battery left is now displayed in the emulator window.
- Add a watchdog to automatically return to the emulator menu when the battery is very low (< 5%).
- Add nice icons and background designed by Shadow !.
- Modify the UI to be able to use custom background images (transparency).
- Sleep mode is now working (but only when you're in the emulator window).
- Added a screen resize option (Ymin/Ymax) to reduce the size of the screen and then speed up the emulation. This can be usefull in car games such as V-rally 3, when we don't care to see the sky or not. It's simple but we can hope to win up to 5% on CPU speed.
- Press Start+Select to return to the emulator menu (whatever the key mapping you have set). This feature is to overcome the issue some of you encountered, when they couldn't go back in the emulator menu because the key they had assigned to the menu didn't respond.
- (re) Add the save battery feature (already available in the original VBA source code). Not yet tested.
- New turbo modes (more speed).
- Added SFX enable/disable option (can be used to increase speed)
- Bug fix for BMP screenshots (no more need to flip the image)
- Improved sound quality (the "ARM tick" can be changed to prevent sound distorsion)
- The SELECT key is now available for user keyboard mapping (but don't forget to map a psp key to enter in the emulator MENU !)
- File requester now uses two directories for keyboard and rom files
- Fixed the bug that made games like Pokemon Fire to crash