PSPMaster is a Sega Master System / Game Gear emulator made for the Sony Play Station Portable system, created by [Bo]Trops. It was made using C and Assembly languages and compiled using GNU C and Assembler.
The emulator uses the old Marat Z80 emulator by Marat Fayzullin. VDP source is based on SMS Plus by Charles Mac Donald. All the source is heavylly optimized for the PSP system.
PSPMaster is running at full speed without frame skiping when the YM2413 sound chip emulation is disabled. Please do not change default options if you don't know what you are doing.
To play PSPMaster you will need a PSP with the firmware 1.5 installed. To install, just download and decompress the file "pspmaster.zip" to the root of your PSP memory stick.
- PSPMaster now can play VGM music files.
- Fixed a video palette update bug.
- Impreved render and video routines, SMS games now run at 133MHz and game gear at 100MHz.
- Support for 3 colors fonts in menus.
- Improved render and video routines.
- Two sound filters added: interpolation and reverb.
- Users can now save and load states from main menu.
- Turbo key added.
- Fixed a bug that made some Game Gear games reset when user pressses the start button.
- Fixed a bug in the Master System background render code.
- Fixed a bug in the state files.
- Fixed a Game Gear screen shot bug.
- User can select the language file from the main menu.
- Start to rewrite render routines in assembly to gain some speed. Function Render_UpdateBgCache() done.