LauriN just updates the released of his Lua based homebrew golf game PSPGolf v0.2.
Inspired by the funny Linux game Kolf, PSPGolf is a minigolf game completely rewritten in Lua for the PSP.
The "maps" can be drawn in any MS-Paint-like program, which supports the PNG-format and all the "bouncing" from the walls, slowdown in sand, water is calculated "on the fly" while playing.
Therefore there is no need for a tile-based editor, because the ability of "painting" maps is much more flexible.
- Code cleaned up a litte bit, but there has still so much to be done.
- Rough green areas have been implemented. Thanks to indianajonesilm for the hint!
- Implementation of additionally "height maps" for creating hills, ramps, etc. in the maps. Again thanks to indianajonesilm for the idea. Smile This feature is not really completed yet, it's just a "preview" at the moment.
- Implementation of overhead areas, which will be printed over the ball. With this feature tunnels and advanced graphics like trees can be implemented easily. This time thanks go to Guyfawkes!
- Application icon, which will be displayed in Lowser.
- Fixed a bug where the ball sometimes could go through a wall.
- Separation of an "invisible" collision map and a visible background map offers a huge improvement of map designers' flexibility.
- It's now possible to "paint" a more realistic water & sand in the maps.