Hardhat and the rest of his team from PSPSMM have released version 1.2 of Hardhat's amazing homebrew game Jump Gunnar, Jump!
The game was originally made for the PS2Dev programming competition, but after not meeting the deadlines with a complete version Hardhat has continued to update his game with new levels and better graphics.
- 30 levels included now
- Added doors; red, blue, green, yellow. keys are needed to open these doors.
- Added teleporters (activate with square)
- Updated enemy: Climber is replaced by a new Red bug (only graphics, behaviour stays the same)
- New terrain: slippery ground
- Added slippery slopes to engine, graphics and level editor.
- Fixed chests: open with bombs and fruit will pop out
- New sound effects for doors, teleporters and keys
- Updated level editor with new terain types.
- Added icon to the EBOOT.PBP file.
- Added horizontal sliding (momentum)
- Animated evil duck (Anders)
- Shield now works.
- Almost a complete rewrite of the engine
- General improvements on the sprite sheet
- quicker stops on regular ground
- Variable height jumping.
- Sound effects and music.
- SELECT now allow you to replay the current level.
- START now quits.
- Updated level editor with new ground types, new attributes.
- New tips file with advice for new players.
- Cut screens: get ready, level complete, game over.
- Updated status bar, with number of rings collected (??? -> OOO), amount of bombs ("Ammo").