Insomniac197 made 48 Hour Pong (3D) during 48 hours. Commenters said that it looked nice and we were intrigued by the fact that the game allowed you to modify things (graphics, textures, and audio).
Now Insomniac197 has released an update. Here's what Insomniac197 has to say:
"I had to update the game. I hated the graphics and it was starting to get to me. I've made the following improvements:
- Graphics: Lighting, Reflection, Color changes, New menu textures, lots of things...
- Extra sound effects have been added
- New menu option 'View Stats'
- Gameplay slightly more easier
- Camera views edited to give a better perspective"
All this is in addition to the original features:
- Full 3D
- Ability to change view
- WiFi transmission of player scores to a database to see how good you are compared to other players.
- Player stats are saved
- Ability to modify the graphics and audio
- When on the menu screen a demo of 2 AI opponents plays
All that makes for a mighty fine and mighty enjoyable homebrew. Yes, it's "just Pong," but hey, Pong is fun. This is one fast-paced game.